DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE Perth is a generic term used to describe body work which goes below superficial connective tissue. The intend is to break up old structural patterns and to allow the free flow of nutrients and oxygen in the blood. This type of massage is performed to eliminate knots and locked up areas. It frees up congestion of the muscle attachments. Muscles which are free of adhesions allow a better range of movement. They are also more effective regarding strength and endurance. This is especially beneficial in any form of muscle training – including gym workouts and endurance training like running, cycling and athletics.
During a deep tissue treatment a considerable amount of pressure is applied by the therapist. Techniques include deep, gliding pressure along the length of the muscle fibre, as well as friction across the grain of the muscle with the aim to release adhesions and realign tissue fibres. In some cases this may cause some discomfort.
A slow and steady pressure held over a prolonged period of time usually allows the tissue to release at its own pace.
Deep tissue massage and trigger point therapy can be combined in the same session.
INDICATIONS Deep Tissue Massage Perth
- tight/overly contracted muscles and trigger points
- tension headache
- accumulation of lactic acid after sports or gym workout
- postural related muscle tension
- chronic muscle pain and soreness
- adhesions in muscles after injuries (strains/ sprains etc)
BENEFITS Deep Tissue Massage Perth
Deep Tissue Massage may assist in
- Reduction of pain
- Increase of range of motion by restoring mobility
- Relaxation and soothing of muscle tissue
- Breaking up of scar tissue
- Increase or maintenance of muscle flexibility
- Increase or maintenance of overall muscle performance
- Increase or maintenance of postural related muscle endurance
- Assistance in performance improvement with strength training
- Assistance in equalising of overall muscle tension