TRIGGER POINT THERAPY PERTH
TRIGGER POINTS can be located in soft tissues such as skin, ligaments, tendons or even in scar tissue. They can also be found in tight fascia around muscle structures and are then called MYOFASCIAL TRIGGER POINTS. They are areas of hyper-irritability in the soft tissue structure, usually manifesting as a nodule within a taut muscle band. They control the state of contraction. People often refer to them as ‘knots’. A Trigger Point can be acute and therefore be painful. If it is latent, it will only be noticed by the client as soon as the therapist applies pressure onto the area. Trigger Point Therapy Perth is trying to address trigger points in the fascia as well as in the muscle structures.
Trigger points act similar to the trigger on a gun, which sends out a bullet that causes pain at a distant target site. If it is stimulated with pressure, an active trigger point may cause muscle spasm and referred pain at a site far away from the stimulus.
Trigger Point Technique
A firm digital pressure is applied by the practitioner. She is then able to locate the specific points causing pain and restricted movement. They may often be located in places different to where the client actually feels the pain.
INDICATIONS for Trigger Point Therapy Perth
- tight/overly contracted muscles and trigger points
- tension headache
- accumulation of lactic acid after sports or gym workout
- postural related muscle tension
- chronic muscle pain and soreness
- adhesions in muscles after injuries (strains/ sprains etc)
BENEFITS of Trigger Point Therapy Perth
Trigger Point Therapy may assist in
- Reduction of pain
- Increase of range of motion by restoring mobility
- Relaxation and soothing of muscle tissue
- Breaking up of scar tissue
- Maintenance of muscle flexibility